A few random pictures from July 2011...
Eliza and Ben reading scriptures on the couch. Ben is reading and Eliza is pretending to because she saw Ben doing it. :)
Eliza and Sammy on the couch in the morning. Sammy is 17 months old. He loves sitting on the couch and feeling like a grown up. When he started doing this a couple of months ago, Jed and I got such a kick out of how ultra-satisfied it made Sammy. :)
He is also reading the scriptures... He is really smart because he can read upside down. True story.
Eliza and Ben showing off some of Ben's finished activities.
Eliza was having a tea party with her animals one afternoon. It was really cute. She is 3 and a half years old.
Ben is 6 years old and will be starting 1st grade in a couple weeks. He is excited. :) He loves to ride his bike. He also loves to read. He reads for a couple hours every day, just on and off throughout the day. He's going to be a compulsive reader just like his mom. Sorry for passing that on to you, son. :) We usually keep him well stocked with books from the library, but if we haven't got new books lately he will either reread the ones he has or raid my bookcase for the classics he's read a bunch of times already, like The Secret of Nimh, The Indian in the Cupboard, and Charlotte's Web. The same stories never get old for him. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'm so glad that Ben loves to read - it opens such a wonderful world of make believe, and learning new things makes life so much more interesting. Dad and I were really impressed with his reading abilities when we came to visit last Thanksgiving. He is quite amazing!
That little Eliza is sweet. The picture of her serving tea to her little stuffed animal friends was so cute. Her hair has grown a lot, hasn't it - What a little lady! And Sammy is adorable. I was surprised at how blonde he is. I was thinking he was a little darker like the other kids. Thanks for these darling pictures. You have a great family.
Your kids are all so cute! I hope Addie likes reading too, so far so good :)
What a fun post! you have such darling little bookworms:) I can not belive how much Samm looks like his big brother! He is a mini Ben! What handsome boys and a beautiful girl you have. I miss you lots! xoxoxo
Post a Comment