Sunday, September 4, 2011

our visit to Montana, July 2011 - part 1

At the end of July, Jed attended a Wilderness Medicine Course in Montana with a fellow resident friend and his dad.  The conference was only an hour away from his parents' home, so we decided to fly the kids and I out at the same time and stay with his mom while the boys were gone.  When they came back, we had a great time hearing about all that they learned.  I never have to fear dying in the wilderness now that Jed knows you can survive on ants and ant larva, you can make glasses out of duct tape, you can sleep dry and comfortably with one garbage sack, and you can keep an unconscious person's airway open by pinning his tongue to his bottom lip with a safety pin.    "Yay, I'm in!" :)

When their conference was over, we all got to spend lots of fun time together for a week before we headed home. We took lots of rides on the 4-wheelers:


We spent lots of fun family time hanging out outside.
Ryan set up a zip line in the back yard that Ben went on again and again.



Eliza liked the baby swing too. :)
 
And she liked pushing Sam around in the Little Tykes car.

Sam got lots of Grandma and Grandpa lovin'.


 I did a Salon with the girls. We did hair with some flower clips that I made them. Then we put on pretty smelling lotion and painted nails. We finished our girl's date with a chick flick, The Princess Diaries.  (Eliza has a mouthful of tortilla in this picture. :) )

Ben and Eliza loved all the attention from Grandma and Grandpa. 

*More Montana pictures to come...

3 comments:

Brittany said...

what a fun post! you had me laughing right away with your description of the skills Jed came away with at his conference! Yay I'm in too! hahaha!! :) All the pics were super cute of the baby - he is getting so big and he is smiley and cute as a button!! It's funny because he looks younger than Nyah - or it's just my perception I'm sure but I swear he looks more babyish. He is so adorable, sis. The girl picture was so cute!! Love the clips - I'm sure the girls had a blast. Eliza looked absolutely precious in that pic, tortilla and all! :) Ben looked handsome as ever - what a dare devil on that zip line!! What a fun trip!!

Michel said...

Erin, I think we should keep Dad and Jed away from those wilderness med. conferences. When we went hiking dad kept asking if I needed my airways opened with the method they learned (it could be from me gasping for air as I hiked that steep mountain :). We loved every minute with you all. Love Grandma Walker

Jan S said...

I loved all those pictures. So glad you had such a fun time.