Saturday, November 5, 2011

Happy Halloween 2011

Our Halloween festivities were so much fun!  They lasted all week long...

The week beforehand, all the little girls wore their costumes to Ballet class.


Eliza and Sam came with me to watch Ben in his school costume parade on Friday.  (Sammy wasn't feeling very well that day...)  Afterward we went to his class party, which was a lot of fun too!

(Ben was an awesome astronaut!)


On Saturday we had our ward Trunk-or-Treat party at the church.  I was a cowgirl and Sammy was a clown.  Jed's mom, Michel, made this clown costume for Ben when he was 2 years old, and it fit Sammy perfectly this year!  He was the cutest little clown. He wouldn't wear the red foam nose, but he did keep his hat on! :)


On Halloween morning (Monday), Eliza had a Halloween party at our house for her preschool. We invited more friends, and it was a lot of fun. We made handprint ghosts out of white paint, made rice crispy treats and then cut them out with Halloween cookie cutters, danced to The Monster Mash, made jello worms, and ate spiders as a snack.  :)  The kids were really cute. Here is Eliza enjoying her spider!
(I'm pushing out the jello worms... They didn't really work that great, but the kids didn't mind.)

After school on Halloween, we carved our Jack-o-Lanterns. Jed and I had begun this with them during Family Home Evening the previous week, but we didn't have enough time to finish. So I got to do the fun job of carving the faces with the kids while Jed was finishing up his shift at the hospital.  Each of the kids designed six jack-o-lantern faces and then picked one of them for Mom to carve.  Here is Eliza's. Notice the tears she wanted on her jack-o-lantern.

Ben knew exactly what he wanted: ALL the teeth on his jack-o-lantern needed to be sharp! And he wanted it to have scary eyebrows too.  He's making a scary face along with his pumpkin.

Sammy's jack-o-lantern had a goofy look. You can't really tell since it's facing away. Eliza designed this one too.

Jed arrived home from work just in time for our soup and french bread dinner. Melody and her boys had dinner with us, and then we all dressed up and went out for trick-or-treating fun! Our clown got a sweet ride in the wagon.

And we're home again!  We had a great time. Happy Halloween!!

4 comments:

Michel said...

What a fun Halloween week, you are such a FUN mom. The kids are ALL so cute. I loved spending a couple of hours with you all the other day. I wish we could do lunch together more often :). Sure love you all and I LOVE your posts. Love Grandma

Brittany said...

Erin I LOVED this post! I cannot believe I'm so late seeing it! The kids are so adorable. I can't believe how much Eliza looks like you! It's uncanny... well, I guess not, since she is your daughter, haha! :) Their costumes were all perfect!!!! The pumpkins looked so fun - loved Ben's scary face! It sounds like you had such a FUN halloween. You did lots of fun things with the kids! And you looked SO cute as a cowgirl! How come you still look 18?! Don't you age?!!! :) You're beautiful sis and so is your family!

Jan S said...

Erie, I loved all these pictures of your Halloween week activities. You are such a wonderful mommy. Those costumes were amazing!

Mindy said...

I am absolutely horrified that I was this behind on your blog. You know I love you, right? Halloween looked like a blast. This makes me want to blog about our Halloween. I am ridiculously behind! All the costumes looked awesome.