It's a 3 bedroom home, only 20 minutes from the hospital and a freeway entrance is super close. (And family members: the airport is a whopping 15 miles from us! yippee!) The owner will be a first-time landlord, and he seems like he will take good care of the maintenance and all that. You can see part of the two car garage to the right of the house. And guess what! - That hot guy modeling the home in the picture is actually included in the lease!
This is the entry way and front room. In the entryway picture you can see the bedroom through the open door. That will be Benny's room; the walls are painted blue- perfect for a little boy! The entryway, hallways, kitchen and dining area are tiled with slate stone (or something like that). The living room is hardwood floor, so we're in the market for a nice carpet-type area rug. There is a gas fireplace in the front room, too. I've heard that Michigan winters are forever LONG and biting COLD. I'm really looking forward to snuggling up with a good book on the couch, with some hot chocolate, a blanket, and a warm fire in the fireplace.... Aaahhhh....
Here's the kitchen. Marvel of marvels - the stove is included! In case you didn't hear all my complaints when I was researching housing in Michigan, many landlords do NOT include kitchen appliances. That's right, folks - NO STOVE. Sure, I understand it's normal to need to buy a washer/dryer, and sometimes a house doesn't have a dishwasher, and I guess I'll consider buying a fridge, BUT A STOVE??! Soon landlords will be asking me to bring my own cupboards and countertops too. What is the world coming to? Luckily this place comes with the fridge, dishwasher, stove, washer and dryer. Bonus!

Here's the backyard. Obviously the trampoline won't be there when we move in. There's a lot of little trees but still lots of open grass, and there's a deck that our landlord is planning on staining before we move in.
And here's Benjamin's favorite part: An enormous sandbox. Or sandpile more like. It's behind the garage, and spilling over. I plan on taking out lots of it and planting a garden, maybe along the fence if it gets full sun. The landlord is taking down the treehouse, so that's good since Benny is too young to play on it anyway.I'm really happy that it is landscaped. And the landlord is fine with me planting some other flowers or what-not.
Anyway, now that we've got a little home waiting for us I feel much better about our upcoming move. It's actually going to be an exciting adventure to move to the 'big city'!


13 comments:
Looks like you found a great place! It must be a huge stress release to have that huge step behind you. We'll miss you around here!
Erin-your place looks perfect! It is very cute and what a nice yard! I will definitely miss you, but I am glad you found a place-it really does relieve the stress of moving a little bit and gets you excited to move!
Also, I may be thinking of selling our area rug that is in our living room. I have to discuss it with Cody-he actually bought it for me because I love it so much, but on carpet, it seems kind of silly. Let me know if you are interested at all, then I will talk to him.
Eric and I think the house looks GREAT! What a find! We are so excited to come visit...Eric is saying right now that this fall might be the right time! Yeah!
Your new place looks amazing. I can't wait to come visit. It looks like a great yard for Benjamin to play in and for you to plant your garden. (MOM-Michel)
Wow this house is amazing! I love the sandbox how awesome I am sad you are moving, but I think your family will have a great time :)
That looks awesome! I'm so jealous you get a yard.
What a great house. We may just have to come up to Michigan to visit you guys! Hey, do you mind if I post your blog as a favorite on my blog? Let me know!
It's absolutely perfect. I can't imagine anything better for you guys. I'm so glad you found it. Way to go!!
The house looks great!! How exciting!
Erin, it is so cute! We can't believe what a steal that is! :) We are really excited to come see you guys in it. Love, Mindy
Hi Erin! I don't know if you'll get this or not but I found your blog through Jayne's (the lemon blueberry biscuits) and noticed that you just move to Michigan! My husband graduated from ATSU a couple of years ago and we live in Grand Blanc - what part are you guys in?
I love your cute new home, Erin! It's perfect. I hope you all are doing well. We sooo miss you.
-TerriLyn
Post a Comment