While I was in Montana, Michel helped me sew some aprons. I used her pattern and she guided me through the process. She also gave me therapy for being a compulsive perfectionist... At one point, one of the ties wasn't sewing straight and it was driving me NUTS. I finished sewing it (for the 2nd time already) and announced that I was NOT going to use it. Luckily Michel pried the scissors from my hands before I could snip it into a million little pieces out of frustration. :) It's a good thing too, because we didn't have any more fabric left, and besides, after she ironed it, it really looked fine. Sewing can be enjoyable at times, but at other times it can also make me so frustrated!!


6 comments:
Look great!
I totally hear you! I've become darn near apoplectic when sewing even the most simple patterns. Don't tell anyone, okay? I mean, I have my domestic goddess reputation to think about. :) Your apron is so cute! It inspires me to at least think about finishing the one I started over three years ago.
You look so cute in your new apron!
I couldn't agree more...sewing can be so frusterating, but good job on finishing! It looks great!
You're hilarious little sister! I love your descriptions! I can completely empathize - sewing drives me crazy but it sure feels great when something turns out well. (once in a blue moon -at least for me!) That apron is darling!
so cute!
Post a Comment