Monday, March 3, 2008

That was definitely a SMILE!

Eliza can smile! She has smiled even bigger than this for us, but I just couldn't capture it on camera. It's cute how she opens her mouth up really wide and smiles, and her little eyes are upturned into a smile too. Cute!
Another momentous thing occurred this week. Benjamin actually ASKED to hold Eliza! [I had to grab the camera, which probably discouraged him from ever asking again... :) ] And today he gave her a kiss on her head when I suggested it. He is becoming more concientious of her. "Where's baby Eliza, Mama?" "Baby Eliza is crying! She wants Mama." "Did she spit up a little bit?" Sometimes he will say in a sympathetic tone, "Baby Eliza is sad. Poor baby." That's my personal favorite. :)
Funny thing is, he still accidentally leaves her out of the 'family' at times- for instance, when we say family prayers he says, "Very thankful for Daddy, and Mama, and Ben-joe-men" but he forgets baby Eliza. Oh well, we're taking baby-steps.... :)

15 comments:

valerie said...

Ben is such a sweet big brother!! Eliza's smile is so beautiful!!

Dixon's said...

She is getting so big. I love both of their smiles.

Unknown said...

Oh, what a sweet smile!! She has the same bright eyes as Benny!! Very cute kids!!!!

Melanie said...

Cute smile! And it was always fun when my boys started interacting with each other more.

Brittany said...

Cute, cute, cute! Both of your little ones are adorable! It is so fun when your baby first smiles - wish I could see it in person. Give her and Benny a kiss from Aunt Baba!!

Amy said...

I love Benny's little personality. And I can't believe Eliza is already smiling, it took Wes forever! Thanks for the link advice, it's all fixed I think. I wasn't highlighting the site before hitting the chain button and it wouldn't work. So thanks!

Melanie Anne said...

Erin--I love those first smiles!! They are so exciting and special. What a precious time--with your two sweet little ones! I remember that Connor was just like that with baby TJ! That is so cute!~ Love you guys!!!

Ashley said...

I can't believe how similar they look. Yay for baby smiles and sweet big brothers!

Raquel said...

Erin I just found your blog and I love catching up with your family. I think I heard you were haveing another baby, but then when the first picture came up I thougth that was a past picture of Benjamin. Wow! You all look happy and wonderful. Good to see.
Raquel

Jill said...

SOoooooo cute!!!

Danette said...

Both of your kids are adorable and I wanted to let you know that I'm loving your cooking blog! Thanks for sharing.

Danette said...

Both of your kids are adorable and I wanted to let you know that I'm loving your cooking blog! Thanks for sharing.

Tif Sweeney said...

Eliza and Benjamin look so much alike!!! They are so cute!! :)

jayne said...

What a cute smile! I love the day when they start to acknowledge all you do as a parent with a little smile. I can't believe how much alike those two look!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Honey, I just miss you all so much! Baby Eliza is beautiful and Bennie is such a sweetie-pie. Hurry and finish school so you can bring those babies home! XO Mom S.