At 8am the kids and I headed out to a Mom2Mom sale - that's where an organization (like a church) will put together a big childrens items garage sale. You can find tons of Childrens Place, Old Navy, Gymboree, Carters, etc clothes there (in pristine condition) for absolutely nothing. Imagine finding a DARLING Childrens Place dress for only $2. It's the most enjoyable shopping ever. :) I'm completely addicted to these sales, and I go ever Saturday morning.
Afterwards we went to Payless and Benny and I both got a new pair of shoes. We hurried home and fed Eliza, and then we were off to the Home Depot so Benjamin could make his monthly project. This month it was a little pencil holder with flowers coming out....

And there's sweet little Eliza hanging out while we hammered away at the pencil holder. :)
Jed took me out on a special date that night. We dropped Benny and Eliza off at our friends house at 5:30pm and then went to Moro's Dining for dinner. When Jed was doing his Family Practice rotation, the drug reps took them to Moro's a lot. You would never know from the outside that it was a nice restaurant. All it is is a windowless section of a strip mall, with a door and a sign that says "Moros" Inside it is a tiny tiny restaurant, but people will wait and wait to get a table. And boy, it's worth it! We got the 'flaming goat cheese appetizer' and then they brought out delicious salads, then bowls of yummy clam chowder. And then finally our entrees. Ahhh, it was so fun! I love going out to restaurants where it's a long dining experience. I ordered the Filet Mignon (I never knew meat could just melt in your mouth like that!) and Jed ordered a veal dish. Anyway, it was awesome.
After dinner, Jed told me that we were going to the movies. :) He had made arrangements for our friends to put our kids to bed. So we went to see "Iron Man" and we both really enjoyed it.
It was such a fun date. I love how Jed always plans surprises for me on special days. It's so exciting! He made my birthday very fun and special. What a great husband!





7 comments:
Yes--Jed is a great husband! I am so glad you had a great b-day! I sure wish we could have helped you celebrated--but Jed did a super job! I sure love you sis!
I am so glad to hear that you had such a fun day for your birthday! Jed always has the nicest surprises for you!!
Mmm... that looks so fun. Happy Birthday, sis.
What a fun day!!! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Jed is quite the planner!!
I am glad you had such a wonderful birthday you deserve it!
Happy Birthday Erin! Sounds like a wonderful, relaxing birthday! We saw Ironman the other day too and thought it was great! Love ya.
He is a wonderful husband, and I'm so glad because you deserve it! Sounds like you had a great day - those pics of you babies are SO cute!! And I like that you got a picture of dinner. Happy Birthday little sister!
Post a Comment