Sunday, January 11, 2009

Bring on the snow!



When we got a big snowfall, we decided to go sledding. The hill is across the street from the house, but we drove over on the 4-wheelers. :) And lest we actually get exercise on the excursion, we took turns driving down the hill and picking up the sledders for a ride back to the top. Yes, the epitome of LAZY. But those 4-wheelers are so fun, we couldn't help ourselves!



.

One weird thing about me is that I am easily intimidated by big machines. I mean, I'll ride on one of the 4-wheelers gladly, but I had no intention of driving one myself. However, my father-in-law doesn't respect my old-dog-no-new-tricks motto and I ended up being forced to drive one of them. I was surprised by how easy and fun it was! Yeah, I think I could get used to having some of these...


Bart pushing Jed and Ben down the hill. And Benjamin looking like he's king of the mountain.



Now this picture is funny. Here's Ryan, Bart and Jed planning their next trip down the hill. This was a very serious thing to them. They discussed which direction they would push off and how the momentum would affect their path down the hill... taking into account the curvature and slope of the incline, the fence along the side, and no doubt the friction created by the snow particles and the rubber tube... It was seriously hilarious how long they stood there and talked about it. I even have a picture of Bart mapping his course on his hand, like a football play. These guys are hilarious!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I LOVE sledding! It looks like Benjamin had no qualms about driving a four wheeler if you had let him. :) Your in laws are SO fun!

Melanie Anne said...

How fun!! That is hilarious about the boys planning their course! I love tubing! Remember all those tubing trips we had with the Sterzers when we would come to Utah? With chili and scones after? So fun!