Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Moonraker's Bride

I just finished another fantastic book by Madeleine Brent. I've read it before and knew I loved it, but I couldn't remember it very well. I was excited when I found that our library here had Moonraker's Bride. It was awesome. I have never found a book that could hold a candle to my all-time favorite, Tregaron's Daughter, also by Madeleine Brent... But Moonraker's Bride came pretty close, so close that I actually considered that they might be a tie. (Yes, are you impressed Chrissy?!) If you are reading this, and like the older type (published in the 70's) of mystery romances, then go to your library and put it on hold right away! Unless you're in Kville, in which case you'll have to log on to Amazon. It's worth it.
I loved it, and read it within 24 hours. I actually stayed up until 2 am reading it. I know, that is verging on compulsive... okay, so it's completely compulsive. I can't help myself. I even reread the ending and various parts of the novel over and over, and over again. What can I say? I like to relish a good book.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

I am so glad you read it again, it's soooooo good! My mom even read and loved it. I agree that's it's as good as Tregaron's Daughter, also one of my favorite's, thanks to you. For anyone out there, Erin's book list is the best! Many of her "Best Books Ever" are now on my best book list, so thanks Erin.

Anonymous said...

Yes, that is a good one, isn't it? Do you know the last time I looked (a few years ago), madeline Brent was even being published anymore??? What an outrage! :) I think I have read them all from the library or at Mom's (who gets them all at the DI or second hand book stores) anyway. They are all pretty good. Although, golden urchin was my least favorite, I think.