Saturday, September 15, 2007

Wild Fowl Festival

Ben and I went to the Wild Fowl Festival on Lake Erie this morning.
There were lots of booths of people selling hunting stuff, including duck-call whistles, hunting-dog puppies, and tons and tons of duck decoys. We got to hold and pet the little puppies, and there were big dogs everywhere for Benjamin to admire. We wandered around and saw some clay pigeon shooting out on the lake and part of the dog distance jumping contest. That was fun - the owners would throw an orange buoy out in the water and the dog would jump off the dock to go after it. Benjamin's favorite part of the festival was throwing pebbles into the water and riding the trolley back to our parking lot. :) The trolley looked like a train on wheels, and it had a big bell on it that rang all the way. I guess it's good that he's easy to please.

6 comments:

rebecca said...

What a fun outing with your little man :) You are such a good mommy!

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

Wow! I have been here over a year and have never heard of this! How did you find out?! I am sure there are more outing treasures around! Sounds like it was a fun day! Cute picture of you 2!

Melody said...

I'm so glad you guys went! It sounds like it was a lot of fun. What a cute photo!

Pattie said...

what an adorable picture he has gotten so big..

Anonymous said...

sounds so fun - wish I could have come with you!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! You guys do so many fun things. You make it look "fun" to live in Detriot!!