Sunday, August 26, 2012

Petting Zoo - August 7, 2012


 Jed and I took the kids to a local Farmers Market where they had a petting zoo visiting for the day. The animals were so docile that they let all the children put little clips in their manes and tails. Eliza was all over that.






Ben, Eliza and Sam also loved getting to brush the animals. Sam went from animal to animal, petting and grooming them all.



When Sam went to the little white goat to brush it, for some reason it didn't want him near him, so it started to push him away and but him with his horns. He got a startled and scared expression on his face as he was backpedaling away from the goat while trying to keep his balance and avoid tripping on the rope. I quickly scooped him up and saved him from the grumpy goat. But it was funny because he was a little shaken up and went over to a random young lady hanging around and said, pointing to the goat, "hurt me! hurt me!" Luckily he still trusted the other animals and had a fun time after that. :)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh my, Abbey and Hayden would be ALL over that! I love the clips. And love all your outings--which reminds me, I need to give you a call about a zoo!

Brittany said...

Now that's what I call a cool petting zoo! Wow! Funny story of Sam and the goat- poor little guy!

Mindy said...

I love that they let the kids brush the animals and put clips in their hair. I can totally see Eliza loving that. What a funny story about Sammy and the grumpy goat. Poor kid!