My friend, Britni Hamblin, and I took our kids to the Henry Ford Museum one hot afternoon in July. We had a great time walking around. I could spend days in there, reading every sign and looking at every display. Unfortunately, I didn't get to read many signs or examine many displays since I was regularly counting heads and keeping everyone in tow. :) Britni has five kids, ages six and under, and I have four kids, ages seven and under. So we were outnumbered two to nine. :) Even still, I was able to enjoy the museum a little for myself and a lot for the kids. :)
We had to take a picture next to the Allegheny. It's way too cool to not pose in front of it. The museum employees have told me in past visits that this train is the most photographed of all the artifacts, cars, and exhibits in the museum.
We spent a lot of time at the childrens' stations located randomly throughout the museum. This one was about engineering, and the kids loved building their vehicles and then racing them down the ramps. I would include a photo of Ben, but he was WAY too occupied and would not look away from his creations to take a picture. :)
Ben and Eliza next to the statue of the man watching the airplane trick shows.
It's fun to compare this photo with the one I took in 2010 of these kiddos sitting next to the same statue. :)
I've blogged about the Henry Ford Museum in September of 2008 (with Jenny Balmforth), February of 2010 (with Jen Johnson), and November 2010 (with my mom and dad). So I guess this is my fourth visit there, unless I've been a couple other times and not taken pictures. This is a cool place! I would love to go with Jed sometime and look at the entire museum. When we go with kids, we barely scrape the tip of the iceberg!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment